Happy July, Richmond. ☀️ If you’re anything like us, you’re all about soaking up the sun and cherishing those summer nights — and with all that excitement, you’re also looking for fun local events to attend. Read on for all the top events happening this month in RVA.
Mon., July 26
- E.T. | Mon., July 26 | 7 p.m. | The Byrd Theatre | $10 | See Steven Spielberg’s classic on the big screen. 🚲
- A Real Salsa Social | Mon., July 26 | 7 p.m. | Three Notch’d Brewing Company – RVA Collab House, 2930 W. Broad St. | $6 | A can’t-miss night of craft beer, dancing + cheesecake bites. 💃
- Teen Paint & Sip Party | Mon., July 26 | 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. | Main Library, 101 E. Franklin St. | Free, registration required | A morning of painting for teens ages 12-18. 🎨
Tues., July 27
- Charles Own Trio Rooftop Album Release Party | Tues., July 27 | 6 p.m. | The HofGarden, 2818 W. Broad St. | $15 | Celebrate a decade of jazz-funk grooving with the band’s new record, “10 Years.” 🎷
- An Evening with Biologist Katie Martin | Tues., July 27 | 6 p.m. | Väsen Brewing Company, 3331 W. Moore St. | Free | Grab some brews and learn about wildlife interaction in the great outdoors. 🐻
- Richmond Flying Squirrels vs. Bowie Baysox | Tues., July 27 | 6:35 p.m. | The Diamond | $6-16 Join the Squirrels for sports appreciation night — the first 1000 fans (age 15+) will receive a bobblehead of mixed nut racer John Walnut. ⚾️
- From the Archives: The Korean War | Tues., July 27 | 2 p.m. | Virtual | Free, registration required | Archivist Heidi Sheldon examines the “Forgotten War” through the Virginia War Memorial archives.
Wed., July 28
- How to Train your Dragon: Hidden World | Wed., July 28 | 10 a.m. | The Byrd Theatre | $5 | Take the kids to a special matinee screening. 🍿
- Caddyshack | Wed., July 28 | 7 p.m. | The Byrd Theatre | $10 | Catch this classic comedy at the Byrd. ⛳️
- The Vegabonds w/ VILLAGES | Wed., July 28 | 5:30 p.m. | Innsbrook Pavilion | $10+ | Southern rock at Innsbrook After Hours. ProTip: bring your own chair or blanket for the show. 🎶
- A Guide to Ultramarathons with Ryan Duckett | Wed., July 28 | 6 p.m. | Väsen Brewing Company, 3331 W. Moore St. | Free | The how-to’s of endurance running + beers to benefit a local non-profit. 🏃
- The Science of Recovery | Wed., July 28 | 12 p.m. | Virtual | Free, registration required | Presented by Lunch Break Science at the Science Museum of Virginia. 🧠
Thurs., July 29
- Shockoe Sessions Live: Tyler Meacham | Thurs., July 29 | 7:30 p.m. | Hardywood Park Craft Brewery, 2410 Ownby Ln. | $15 | Vocally charged, left-of-center pop from a Richmond native. 🎶
- Camp Full Send with Caitlin Olszewski | Thurs., July 29 | 6 p.m. | Väsen Brewing Company, 3331 W. Moore St. | Free | Say no to gatekeeping of the great outdoors. 🏕
- Niche Pilates Studio Open House | Thurs., July 29 | 5 p.m. | Niche Pilates Studio, 2309 W. Main St. | Free | Check out new classes + snack on treats from Keya of Candy Valley Cake and Beetbox Juice Bar.
- Flowers After 5 | Thurs., July 29 | 5 p.m. | Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden | $14, members free | Antique Melody Show will bring a nostalgic matinee to the Bloemendaal House, or enjoy acoustic blues and soul with Junior Wilson in the Luck Garden. 🌸
Fri., July 30
- The AfroDixie Remixes: A VMFA Listening Session | Fri., July 30 | Virtual | Free, registration required | Music inspired by the special exhibition Dirty South: Contemporary Art, Material Culture, and the Sonic Impulse.
- Road to the Porch: Live in Richmond | Fri., July 30 | 5 p.m. | Starr Hill Richmond Beer Hall & Rooftop, 3406 W. Leigh St. | Free | Catch Abby Rasheed & the Sundry Collective + Into The Fog on their way to Front Porch Fest in Sept. TryThis: Front Porch Helles + kimchi mac and cheese from Kudzo RVA. 🍺
- Langhorne Slim w/ Twain | Fri., July 30 | 8 p.m. | The Broadberry | $20+ | An evening of Americana. 🎶
- CLOUD5 | Fri., July 30 | 5 p.m. | Gallery5, 200 W. Marshall St. | $15 | Enjoy a cocktail party with cloud-loving photographer Dave Parrish + burlesque by Empress de Naste’. Admission price includes one themed cocktail. ☁️
Sat., July 31
- Free Live Music: Scott Varney | Sat., July 31 | 6:30 p.m. | Isley Brewing Company, 1715 Summit Ave. | Free | A modern-day one-man band + plenty of brews. 🍺
- The Dan Schutt Band | Sat., July 31 | 9 p.m. | The HofGarden, 2818 W. Broad St. | $10 | Dance along to blues-rock jams.
- Throwing Back Sunday | Sat., July 31 | 9 p.m. | The Broadberry | $12 | Jam out to a live emo cover band. 🖤
- Family Day | Sat., July 31 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | The American Civil War Museum | Free with Admission | Dive into history with crafts, family-friendly tours + youth programs.
- Unlocking RVA – The Silent Party | Sat., July 31 | 7 p.m. | 17th St. Market | $20 | Ticketholders will have reserved headphones to hear live mixes. 🎧
- Richmond Kickers vs. FC Tucson | Sat., July 31 | 6:30 p.m. | City Stadium | $9-18 | Cheer on the Kickers as they return to City Stadium after two games on the road. ⚽️