Calling all creatives. We’re launching our Rep Your City Design Contest, where creative minds (amateur or professional) can submit designs to be featured on products in The RICtoday Shop — our online shop, home to merch featuring local landmarks + city slogans — and get paid up to $1,500.
The goal? To work with + support creatives, share cool designs, and celebrate our city.
Participants are encouraged to submit their local-focused graphics, illustrations, or paintings that can be digitized and placed on shirts, mugs, prints, bags + more.
Designs we’re looking for:
- City icons (think: recognizable skylines, landscapes, buildings + landmarks)
- Local celebrities
- Key city events
- Food + drink
- Well-known companies
- See what designs we currently have in our shop
How it works:
- Creatives can start submitting designs anytime beginning today.
- This is an ongoing contest through 2021, with multiple winners, and unlimited chances to submit designs.
- Our team will choose the winning designs to get paid for their works + be featured on our products.
What you get if your design is selected:
- You’ll make up to $1,500. We’ll buy the rights to use + reproduce your design for $500, and at the end of each year we’ll send you $1 per unit sold, up to a combined total of $1,500.
- You’ll be featured in our store’s “Meet the Artists” page with your bio, website + social media.
- Your design will be featured in our newsletters, social media + promotional materials.
How to enter:
- Submit your design through the form below (files accepted include JPG + PNG; max size 500MB).
- Applicants can submit as many designs as they’d like.
If your design is selected, you must be able to provide the design in the following specs:
- JPG or PNG file type
- Print file resolution of 300 DPI
- Color profile saved in sRGB
- More info about preparing a print file here
We can’t wait to see your designs, Richmond. Know a designer, artist, or someone who’s just crazy creative? Share this with them.