Pop quiz: When is National Trivia Day?
It was actually yesterday. If your brain has facts and figures on deck every day of the year, Richmond has over a dozen spots for you to flex your knowledge + win some prizes at weekly trivia nights.
We’ve compiled a list of venues that host challenges on a regular basis.
Let’s get down to quiz-ness.
- Starr Hill Beer Hall & Rooftop | 3406 W. Leigh St. | 7 p.m. | Reeves the Trivia Master leads Homegrown Trivia.
- Mellow Mushroom | 3012 W. Cary St. | 8 p.m. | Head to Carytown for ‘za and trivia.
- Basic City Beer Co. | 212 W. 6th St. | 7 p.m. | Check out their Facebook page for one free answer.
- Pie314 | 423 N. 18th St. | 7 p.m. | The top three teams go home with cash.
- Isley Brewing Company | 1715 Summit Ave. | 7 p.m. | Enjoy happy hour prices on different beers for each round of play.
- The Bombay Company | 4821 Old Main St. | 7 p.m. | Hosted by Challenge Entertainment.
- New York Deli | 2920 W. Cary St. | 8 p.m. | Join Trivia Kings for theme rounds + prizes throughout the game.
- Buddy’s Place | 600 N. Sheppard St. | 8 p.m. | Pro tip: It’s also Wine Lovers Tuesday at the Fan bar.
- Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint | 5810 Grove Ave. | 9 p.m. | Get there early to grab a table.
- Common House Richmond | 303 W. Broad St. | 7:30 p.m. | Members at this social club + their guests can participate in trivia on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month.
- Three Notch’d RVA Collab House | 2930 W. Broad St. | 7 p.m. | $5 beers while you play.
- Station 2 | 2016 E. Main St. | 7 p.m. | Enjoy gourmet burgers, craft beer + quizzes.
- Penny Lane Pub | 421 E. Franklin St. | 7 p.m. | It gets crowded at this Liverpool-loving pub.
- Canon and Draw | 1529 W. Main St. | 7 p.m. | The joint recently moved trivia from Thursdays to Wednesdays.
- Tabol Brewing | 704 Dawn St. | 7 p.m. | Grab a snack from visiting food trucks + earn points for correct or funny answers.
- Garden Grove Brewing & Urban Winery | 3445 W. Cary St. | 7:30 p.m. | The Carytown spot also has board + card games.
- Tang and Biscuit | 3406 W. Moore St. | 7 p.m. | Get $2 PBRs, $3 pints + $8 pitchers — reservations are recommended.
- Väsen Brewing | 3331 Moore St. | 7 p.m. | Hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
- Intermission Beer Company | 10089 Brook Rd. | 7 p.m. | The $6 per-person fee can go towards food, drinks + merch.
- Castleburg Brewery and Taproom | 1626 Ownby Ln. | 7 p.m. | Look out for themed rounds at Trivia Knight.
- The Bombay Company | 4821 Old Main St. | 7 p.m. | Apps + drinks are $6 during happy hour.
- Pho Luca’s | 2915 W. Cary St. | 9 p.m. | Compete for gift card prizes.
If you’re not keen on going out for your trivia, there’s also a local virtual option. Why Richmond Is Awesome, a project from The Glaser Group Realtors, hosts semi-regular trivia on Thursday nights. Winners get gift cards to Richmond businesses.
Let us know if we left off your favorite place + we’ll add it to our guide.