Table of Contents
Whether you have trick-or-treaters at home or are looking for a party for grown-up goblins + ghouls, we’ve curated a list of local events for all Halloweekend long.
🍬 Bring the family
- Lakeside HalloweenTowne Block Party | Fri., Oct. 28 | 6-9 p.m. | Lakeside Farmers Market, 6106 Lakeside Ave., Richmond | Free | Shop from 45+ vendors, enter the costume contest, and bring the kids for trick-or-treating.
- Painted Pumpkins | Sat., Oct. 29 | 12-2 p.m. | Ellwood Thompson’s, 4 N. Thompson St., Richmond | Free | Swing by the store for pumpkin + face painting.
- Richmond Zombie Walk | Sat., Oct. 29 | 1 p.m. | Carytown Shopping District, W. Cary St., Richmond | Free | Dress in your finest undead duds and meet at Boat Lake or gather in Carytown to watch the procession.
- Scarytown Trick or Treat | Sat., Oct. 29 | 4-6 p.m. | Carytown, W. Cary St., Richmond | Free | Hit the streets in your costume and look out for businesses with a pumpkin sign to pick up candy.
- Mug Mayhem | Sun., Oct. 30 | 4-7 p.m. | The Smoky Mug, 15 E. Brookland Park Blvd., Richmond | Free | Bring the family for trunk or treat, costume contests, and a special menu complete with boo-zy cocktails.
🎶 See a show
- The Hallowine Costume Mixer | Fri., Oct. 28 | 8 p.m. | The Broadberry, 2729 W. Broad St., Richmond | $15.00 | Jam out with Three Sheets to the Wind and sample Steely Can Wine.
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” | Fri., Oct. 28, Fri., Oct. 28 | 7:30 p.m. | Perkinson Center for the Arts, 11810 Centre St., Chester | $10.00 | Calling all creatures of the night for this interactive screening of the cult classic.
- Monster Masquerade | Fri., Oct. 28 | 9 p.m. | The Camel, 1621 W. Broad St., Richmond | $10.00 | Get ready for eerily good performances by Are Ya Madferit?, Geezer, and Cranberries.
- Suggesting Rhythm | Sat., Oct. 29 | 7 p.m. | The Canal Club, 1545 E. Cary St., Richmond | $15.00 - $20.00 | The six-piece Grateful Dead tribute plays a haunted Halloween show.
- Not Your Mummy’s Halloween Party | Sun., Oct. 30 | 5 p.m. | Gallery5, 200 W. Marshall St., Richmond | $10.00 | Wear a costume to rock out with Erin & the Wildfire + The Last Real Circus.
👻 Party it up
- Scarytown Bar Crawl | Fri., Oct. 28 | 5-8 p.m. | Carytown, W. Cary St., Richmond | Free | Enjoy Belle Isle Moonshine cocktails + Stone Brewing beers at Foo Dog, PBR, Citizen Burger Bar, and New York Deli.
- Halloween Costume Contest | Fri., Oct. 28 - Sat., Oct. 29 | 6 p.m. | Bryant’s Dry Cider & Beer, 2114 E. Main St., Richmond | Free | Enjoy cider, beer + plenty of candy and dress in your best costume for the chance to win prizes.
- GWAR Halloween Party | Fri., Oct. 28 | 10 p.m. | GWARbar, 217 W. Clay St., Richmond | Free | Expect costume contests, drink specials + horrifying music at this annual party.
- Scott’s Addition Booz Crawl | Sat., Oct. 29 | 12-10 p.m. | Scott’s Addition | Cost of purchase | Collect five stamps from among 13 craft alcohol producers in the neighborhood + get entered to win a $25 gift card.
- Casta’s Freaky-tona | Sat., Oct. 29 | 9-11:59 p.m. | Casta’s Richmond, 700 E. Main St., Richmond | Free | Enjoy festive cocktails + a live DJ at the new downtown rum bar.
🎃 Try something new
- 4th Friday Reception & Costume Party | Fri., Oct. 28 | 6-8 p.m. | ART WORKS, 320 Hull St., Richmond | Free | Grab your scariest Halloween getup and check out new exhibits by Chris Semtner, George Hughes, and Andrea Danner.
- Singing with the Starrs | Fri., Oct. 28 | 7 p.m. | Starr Hill Beer Hall & Rooftop, 3406 W. Leigh St., Richmond | Free | Dress in costume for a special haunted edition of karaoke with Kay.
- Halloween Candy & Beer Pairing | Sat., Oct. 29 | 3-7 p.m. | Intermission Beer Company, 10089 Brook Rd., Unit A, Glen Allen | $18.00 | Sample five 5 oz. beers perfectly paired with five Halloween candies.
- Howl-O-Ween Costume Contest | Sun., Oct. 30 | 11 a.m. | Brambly Park, 1708 Belleville St., Richmond | Free | Bring your costumed pup and help raise money for Richmond Animal League.
Check out our calendar to see even more upcoming events.