Plants — the secret behind vegan burgers that taste just like meat or a superfood salad with so many colors it’s like eating a rainbow. The next time your body is begging for something healthy + wholesome (or greasy, but plant-based), check out this list of restaurants with vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based offerings around Richmond.
🥦 Philly Vegan
1126 Hull St. | Tues.-Thurs., 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m., Fri, 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m. + Sat., 12-8 p.m.
- Try this: Philly vegan supreme cheesesteak, double lentil burger with daiya cheese, Philly cheesesteak egg roll, Philly cheesesteak loaded nachos, lentil nuggets, Mama C’s peanut butter blondies
🫑 Ipanema Cafe
917 W. Grace St. | Mon.-Fri., 11 a.m.-11 p.m. + Sat.-Sun., 5:30-11 p.m.
- Try this: Buffalo cauliflower tacos, BBQ jackfruit sandwich, fried cauliflower, truffle fries, brownie à la mode
🥒 North End Juice Co.
718 N. Cleveland St. + 2400 Jefferson Ave. | Mon.-Sun., 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Museum District) + Tues.-Sat., 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Church Hill)
- Try this: Shaolin + cat’s meow fresh pressed juice, blue suede shoes smoothie, vegan pokè bowl, plant-based protein bowl, wellness shots
1823 W. Main St. | Tues.-Sat., 8 a.m.-9 p.m. + Sun., 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Try this: Japanese bowl, Vietnamese wrap, Thai ramen, Billy chili, pomegranate gingerade
🥝 NuVegan Cafe
417 W. Grace St. | Mon.-Sat.,12-8 p.m. + Sun., 12-7 p.m.
- Try this: Vegan barbecue roast with rice, vegan fried steak, vegan crab cakes, quinoa burger, scrambled tofu, mushroom medley, curried yuba, sweet magenta press squeezed juice
🥬 The Daily Kitchen & Bar
2934 W. Cary St. | Mon.-Fri, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. + Sat.-Sun., 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Try this: Vegan calamari, tomato bisque, Buddha bowl, buffalo cauliflower, quinoa tabbouleh, Snowing in Space cold brew coffee