You asked, we’re answering. A new and improved RICtoday events calendar is here.
Or maybe you didn’t realize we even had an events calendar — consider this your ticket to the most fun and relevant events in Richmond, including:
- RVA Reggae Jerk Fest | Sat., Sept. 3 | 12-9:30 p.m. | Brown’s Island | $10+ | Try out Caribbean cuisine, rum drinks + shop local vendors. 🥘
- Senior Sip and Paint | Sun., Sept. 4 | 1 p.m. | Pollard Park, 3001 Chamberlayne Ave. | Free, RSVP | Grab a drink + a brush to create something new at the International Market at Chamberbrook. 🎨
- Storytime in the Garden | Every Friday + Saturday | 10 a.m. | Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden | $17, members free | Bring the kids to listen to a story about plants, bugs + the wide natural world in which we live. 📖
- ICA Fall ’22 Season Premiere | Fri., Sept. 9 | 6-9 p.m. | Institute for Contemporary Art | Free, RSVP | Explore the ICA’s three new exhibits with live music, food trucks + a cash bar. 🎉
- The Veil Best Friend Fest | Sun., Sept. 11 | 12-4 p.m. | The Veil Brewing Co., 1301 Roseneath Rd. | Celebrate your pup at this Scott’s Addition brewery with doggie pools, ice cream, and pints for the people. 🐶
As Richmonders ourselves, we love making sure that the River City has access to the most robust, relevant, and hyperlocal events calendar possible. In part, we rely on readers like you to keep us in the loop — start submitting your events now. (Just like before, you can add your event to our calendar for free, but we’ve also added a few new paid promotional opportunities to take advantage of as well, starting at just $15.)
In addition to the hundreds of events that you can discover each month on our website, each issue of our newsletter features a dedicated events section, with our curated editorial picks for the upcoming week, organized by day. Keep scrolling just a little bit and you’ll see what we mean. Pro tip: click the link to see our full calendar if you want to start planning ahead.
Want to know which events we’re most excited about? Your friendly neighborhood City Editors (👋 that’s us, Katie + Robin) can often be found out and about at the newest restaurant openings, baseball games, festivals, and fairs — see what we’re up to in the Wrap section at the bottom of each newsletter or by following us on Instagram @theRICtoday.