The Richmond Theatre Community Circle Awards — aka the “Artsies” — honored over a dozen actors, crew, productions, and companies over the weekend.
Virginia Rep and Swift Creek Mill took home the most accolades, particularly for their two major shows.
Swift Creek Mill’s “Murder for Two” won five awards:
- Best Musical
- Best Musical Direction — Tom Width
- Best Lead Performances, Musical — Emily Berg-Poff Dandridge, Mark Schenfish
- Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Design, Musical — Joe Doran
Virginia Rep’s “Mamma Mia!” also won five awards:
- Best Supporting Performance — Grey Garrett
- Best Choreography — Ashleigh King
- Outstanding Achievement in Set Design, Musical — Josefath Reynoso
- Outstanding Achievement in Costume Design, Musical — Sue Griffin and Marcia Miller Hailey
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design, Musical — Jacob Mishler
Explore more awards given to companies like Richmond Triangle Players, Firehouse Theatre + Cadence Theatre in this Style Weekly profile.