This travel-worthy festival is all about books, ideas + conversations
The Charleston Literary Festival’s mission is to bring diverse national and international authors and audiences together through great books, big ideas, and perspective-altering conversations.
Calling all literature lovers: The Charleston Literary Festival, an annual boutique literary event, is happening Nov. 3-12 in downtown Charleston, SC.
Charleston Literary Festival has a strong track record of hosting internationally-acclaimed writers, and this year is no different. (Keep reading...) This year’s festival is anticipated to be the biggest and most ambitious yet with 30+ sessions covering AI in literature, memoir and healing, the art of mastery, grief, historical fiction, and more.
The Festival has two locations:
- Nov. 3-5 at Circular Congregational Church
- Nov. 7-12 at the historic Dock Street Theatre
This year’s festival kicks off with an opening night party on Nov. 4 and features standout events like:
- Generation-defining, world-class author Margaret Atwood (read: “The Handmaid’s Tale”) during a virtual event
- Award-winning poet Safiya Sinclair on her journey to find her voice as a woman and a poet in her memoir “How To Say Babylon”
- Pulitzer-Prize-winning author Paul Harding on “This Other Eden” — his novel that has been nominated for this year’s Booker Prize
- And more