Six local businesses have been working with Charlottesville chef Antwon Brinson for six weeks, developing key skills to elevate their potential. Now, they’re ready to celebrate what they’ve accomplished.
The Entreprenuer Empowerment Program was a pilot concept hosted at Hatch Richmond. Chef Brinson founded Culinary Concepts AB (CCAB) in Charlottesville, but has been expanding its programs across Central Virginia.
You might recognize the six Richmond businesses:
- Penny’s Wine Shop | Wine and small plates
- Fat Rabbit | Cakes and baked goods
- The Beet Box | Juice bar and health food
- TBT El Gallo | Mexican street food
- Khushbu | Indian delivery kitchen
- Poor Georgie’s Bake Shoppe | Mobile bakery
Hatch and CCAB are celebrating the conclusion of the program with an event at Hatch Local Food Hall on Thursday, Sept. 21 at 7:30 p.m. It’s open to the public and will include tunes from DJ El Capone.