Summertime, and the sippin’ is easy. It’s July, which means Drink Up Week is right around the corner. From July 25-31, 2022, we’re celebrating the best drinks around town + partnering with local companies to give you special deals. It’s definitely a glass half-full kind of situation.
Thirsty to know where to go? Here’s the our schedule of community events to celebrate local beverage bosses. Come say hi!
All week long
- Reservoir Distillery Drink Release | 1800 Summit Ave. | Wednesday-Saturday, 1-9 p.m. | Stop by the tasting room to try our exclusive drink, the RIC-Roll & Rye.
- Hardywood Cocktail Special | 2410 Ownby Ln. | 2-9 p.m. | For one night only, get $1 off one cocktail from the new menu, developed with Beth Dixon of Salt and Acid.
- Canon & Draw Beer Release | 1529 W. Main St. | 4-9 p.m. | Try a special edition Wild Berry Gose, a sour wheat beer with wild berries.
- Canon & Draw Happy Hour | 1529 W. Main St. | 4-9 p.m. | The limited edition Wild Berry Gose will be available at this reader meetup.
We’ll also be pouring into the Richmond beverage scene with cheers-worthy newsletter content (we know you already subscribe, but if you don’t — here you go). Get ready for:
- A Q+A with local makers
- A preview of a new exhibit at the VMHC
- The history of meat juice (yeah, you read that right)
We like to think this is a two-way street. That’s why we want you to help us celebrate. If you own, run, or work for a place with great drinks, get things shaking by emailing us. You can even choose your destiny with any or all of these ideas, and we’ll send readers your way.
- Create a cocktail
- Name a latte
- Release a special
- Host a Drink Up Week night at your establishment
Last call. We want to hear from you — as a consumer. What’s your go-to beverage? Which drink is best buds with your credit card? You can help inform our writing (and maybe another deal or two) by taking this survey. Choose up to three of these 10 categories:
- Smoothies + Juices
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #DrinkUpRichmond on social media, and tag @theRICtoday for a chance to get featured. We can’t wait to see what you’re slurpin’.