Table of Contents
We love to think our presents will be up on the mantelpiece forever. But let’s face it: some things are destined to add to our closet clutter. (Unless it’s from our ultimate gift guide, of course.)
If you’re looking for some last-minute presents this holiday season, check out our curated list of local giftable experiences so you can sleigh the holidays.
For the foodie
- Give them the insider experience with a meal at one of Richmond’s newest restaurants, like Uliveto or Casta’s Rum Bar.
- Take a trip of the world’s cuisines on a Discover Richmond Food Tour.
- Test your talents in the kitchen with an in-person or online class from Mise En Place.
For the nature lover
- Adopt an animal from Maymont in their name — the symbolic adoption helps to provide a healthy diet, veterinary care, enrichment activities, and habitat maintenance at the park.
- Let their love bloom with a Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden membership.
- Make a jellyfish terrarium, wire plant art, or a moss wall at PlantHouse Richmond’s January workshops.
For the artist
- Gather their film-loving friends for a private movie party at The Byrd Theatre.
- Try something wheel-y new with one-day classes and workshops at Hand / Thrown.
- Check out new exhibits and enjoy other perks by becoming a member at the VMFA.
For the sports fanatic
- Up the Roos with season tickets to see the Richmond Kickers play at City Stadium.
- Make a date at The Diamond to watch the Flying Squirrels — whether you want to snag a few individual tickets or a season pass.
- Spend an afternoon together on the virtual green at Indoor Golf RVA.
For the adventurer
- Let them learn the ropes at Peak Experiences by gifting them a monthly or yearly membership.
- Take to the streets on a Basket and Bike tour of the city.
- Become a James River Association James Changer by making a donation and volunteering together to protect our river.
For the drama lover
- “Uncle Vanya” is the latest from Richmond Shakes, coming in January to the Dominion Energy Center’s Gottwald Playhouse.
- Get dinner in the Arts District or Jackson Ward, then see a show at Virginia Repertory Theatre — “Beautiful: The Carole King Musical” is scheduled for this summer.
- A subscription to Broadway in Richmond includes season tickets to “Hairspray,” “Hamilton,” and “Hadestown” when they come to the city.
For the lifelong student
- Design a walking tour of local spots on the National Register for Historic Places to go on together.
- Spread the local history love with a membership at The Valentine, Black History Museum, or VMHC.
- Schedule a visit to Historic St. John’s Church — keep an eye out for future reenactments.
We know we left some experiential ideas on the drawing room table. Share with us the experiences you’ve gifted — or would love to receive. 🎁