We enjoyed sharing all kinds of content on Instagram with our 16.6K closest friends in 2022 — here are the reels and posts you loved the most.
Video was king in 2022 — here are the reels that captured your attention.
- What’s on your Richmond bucket list? Our August feature story inspired a choose-your-own-adventure reel.
- The video had 189K plays, 5,000+ likes, and got over 100 people talking in the comments.
- We challenged ourselves to try a vanilla latte at 10 different local coffee shops back in April.
- The resulting reel was watched 175K times and over 3,300 people shared it with someone else. That’s a lot of coffee dates.
- Richmonders love a festival — and the return of the Street Art Festival in September was an exciting prospect.
- Our August reel previewing the fest had 116K plays, 5,200+ likes, and 4,700+ shares.
These images generated the most reach in 2022.
- An endangered pygmy hippo was born at The Metro Richmond Zoo in December.
- 1,393 people joined us in wishing the newborn well, with the post reaching over 13K accounts.
- The local love was real in October when we asked where to get the best sushi in Richmond.
- Over 11K accounts were reached and we got dozens of suggestions to fill out our sushi superlatives list.
- Our followers couldn’t get enough of all things tacky lights — including this post we shared when we launched our revamped guide to all that glitters.
- The post was liked, shared, saved, or seen by over 10K accounts.
Keep up with us in 2023 by following us on Instagram.