It’s holiday bazaar time. Start — and dare we say, finish? — your holiday shopping with a plethora of locally crafted gifts from these winter markets.
One-day or weekend markets
Merry Midtown at Libbie Mill Midtown | Friday, Nov. 17 | 6-9 p.m.
- Kick off the holiday season with an illumination, free carriage rides, food trucks, tunes by DJ Tony, and a selection of local vendors.
Craft + Design at Main Street Station | Friday, Nov. 17-Sunday, Nov. 19 | Times vary
- The Visual Arts Center of Richmond attracts thousands of shoppers for this museum-quality contemporary craft show in Shockoe. Tickets start at $10 for non-members.
Holiday Maker Market at Väsen Brewing Company | Friday, Nov. 24-Saturday, Nov. 25 | 1-6 p.m.
- Seasonal celebrations, local brews, Zorch pizza, and a petting zoo pop-up on Saturday are on the agenda for this market.
OMG, A Small Business Saturday Market at 17th Street Market | Saturday, Nov. 25 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- OMG OCPs is hosting this holiday market with 20+ vendors, live music, hot coffee, and cookies.
Hatchgiving! at Hatch Local Food Hall | Saturday, Nov. 25 | 12-4 p.m.
- This Small Business Saturday market will also include a raffle to support local causes.
Small Business Saturday at Hardywood Richmond | Saturday, Nov. 25 | 12-5 p.m.
- Shop from local artists and makers in the barrel room while you enjoy a seasonal Gingerbread Stout.
Christkindlmarket at St. Stephen’s Church | Wednesday, Nov. 29 | 4:30-7:30
- This holiday craft fair is put on by the Farmers Market at St. Stephen’s and also features hot beverages and carolers.
The Bizarre Bazaar at Richmond Raceway | Thursday, Nov. 30-Sunday, Dec. 3 | Times vary
- This locally owned gift show spreads across four exhibition buildings, with 475+ vendors of holiday crafts and decorations, gourmet food, handmade jewelry, antiques, clothes, and toys. General admission is $11.
Merry Market at Maymont | Friday, Dec. 1-Saturday, Dec. 2 and Friday, Dec. 8-Saturday, Dec. 9 | Times vary
- Expect live music, food and drinks, crafts, a holiday train, and visits with Saint Nicholas on Saturdays at Maymont’s newest holiday tradition. Tickets are $10 for non-member adults, $5 for kids.
Holiday Cheers at Basic City Beer Co. | Friday, Dec. 1-Saturday, Dec. 2 | Times vary
- The monthly Richmond Makers Market returns to Manchester for two days of winter market festivities.
Holidaze Market at Gallery5 | Saturday, Dec. 2 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- RVA Krampusnacht will return for year 11 of its holiday market before the Krampus parade kicks off at 6 p.m. in Carytown. The market will also collect donations for Red Vein Army’s Scares that Care Toy Drive.
Holiday Villages at Main Street Station | Saturday, Dec. 2 | 12-8 p.m.
- The annual Richmond Night Market event will feature DJ sets, live music by The Fuzz Band and Bee Boy$oul, a wine lounge, a gift wrapping station, and 75+ artisans.
Holiday Market at Triple Crossing Fulton | Sunday, Dec. 3 | 12-5 p.m.
- Home décor, art, jewelry, apparel, and more will be for sale at this winter gathering of makers.
Holiday Pop-Up Market at Atlas 42 | Sunday, Dec. 3 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The Innsbrook event space will have plenty of vendors as well as the opportunity to visit with Santa.
Christmas Market Pop-Up at Hardywood Richmond | Saturday, Dec. 9 | 12-3:30 p.m.
- Shop from local makers and sip local brews at this one-day-only indoor market.
Holiday Local Goods Market at Quirk Hotel | Sunday, Dec. 10 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Head to the Arts District hotel to shop from 30+ vendors and see the signature pink tree.
Kismet Holiday Makers Market at Starr Hill | Sunday, Dec. 10 | 12-4 p.m.
- This market promises 25+ local vendors, plus a sexy Santa and eats from Kay’s Khushbu Indian Street Food.
Mystic Markets at River City Roll | Sunday, Dec. 10 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- This will be the first time the market sets up at RCR and will feature vendors, live music, food, and drinks.
Richmond Moon Market at Stone Brewing | Saturday, Dec. 16-17 | 12-5 p.m.
- The winter Moon Market will have local crafts, live music, and more.
Holiday Market at Hatch Local | Saturday, Dec. 23 | 12-5 p.m.
- Get your last-minute shopping done at this Richmond Makers Market event with Benchtop Brewing.
All season long
Bizarre Market at Visual Arts Center of Richmond | Tuesdays through Sundays starting Nov. 25 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- For month-long market magic, stop by Bizarre Market’s new location at VisArts. It’ll be open until Dec. 23.
Holiday Boutique at Diversity Richmond | Daily through Dec. 23 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Diversity pulls out the best vintage wares, antiques, books, clothing, ceramics, and more for its holiday boutique, located in the Iridian Gallery rooms towards the back of the store.
Made in RVA Holiday Market at Art Works | Tuesdays through Sundays starting Nov. 24 | 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Fill your stockings with original art, pottery, jewelry, and more locally-made gifts.
Sip & Shop at Stony Point Fashion Park | Saturdays and Sundays | 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 12-6 p.m. Sunday
- 50+ local artisans, crafters, and businesses will gather on weekends at Stony Point.
Winter Market at Studio Two Three | Daily Nov. 25-Dec. 24 | 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Shop hundreds of works of local art at this artspace’s new location in the former Dogtown Dance building. Bonus: The market is open until 8 p.m. on Thursdays.
Did we forget the bazaar that’s been on your calendar since last winter? Let us know so we can add to our list and shop small this season.