In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October, VPFW is diving into the facts (and the myths) around mammography — including what radiologist Dr. Nicole Kelleher wants you to know ahead of your screening.
Test your knowledge by taking a guess, then click to discover what’s fact or fiction:
- You shouldn’t wear deodorant at your mammogram appointment. Fact or Fiction?
- Screening before age 40 and after age 70 is not recommended. Fact or Fiction?
- Men should also screen for mammograms. Fact or Fiction?
- It’s always bad news if you’re “called back” after your screening. Fact or Fiction?
- 3D and 2D mammograms are the same thing. Fact or Fiction?
- Always do your breast self-exam 10 days after the start of your menstrual period. Fact or Fiction?